Re: Adobe GoLive?

Subject: Re: Adobe GoLive?
From: "Jens Reineking" <J -dot- Reineking -at- interkomelectronic -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 09:07:19 +0100 (CET)

> The major advantage GoLive has is a familiar Adobe interface. They
> have been making more of their products resemble each other in terms
> of interface, so that the learning curves are presumably less.
>
> You might also try to create a project in InDesign and "save as HTML."
> You might find that is an interesting method of creating
> websites...and is very fast, as InDesign uses Illustrator and
> Photoshop files directly.

"Save as HTML" is no longer available in InDesign CS. Instead, they implemented "Package for
GoLive" which will just do that with your InDesign document. Since I haven't built any websites
yet, I cannot comment on the quality of the feature.

But congrats on having the Creative Suite - I've been working with it since the end of last year
and am very satisfied. Well, except for the missing long document support in InDesign, but perhaps
there will be a FrameMaker PlugIn Pack sometime.

Jens

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com