Re: Interaction Design and printed documentation

Subject: Re: Interaction Design and printed documentation
From: Steven Brown <stevenabrown -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:23:38 -0800 (PST)

Hi John,

I put your question to a colleague (an interaction
designer who's a big Cooper fan) and this is his
response:

"I think it DRAMATICALLY effects HOW you document
product functionality and less what documentation you
produce (especially the final form of the
documentation)."

Ultimately, then, you can create whatever
documentation you feel is appropriate and deliver it
as you would documentation produced in any other
software development environment.

Steven Brown
Technical Writer

--- John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> Hi, guys...my company has embraced the interaction
> design model as
> put forth by Alan Cooper. We're big on the persona
> model, and this
> direction has resulted in a complete change in out
> software
> development, so far to good customer feedback. Out
> applications are
> smaller, more streamlined, and appear to be well
> received by our
> early users of the new products.
>
> I'd like to find out how anyone has applied these
> concepts to printed
> documentation.

http://mail.yahoo.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com