re: Interaction Design and printed documentation

Subject: re: Interaction Design and printed documentation
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:41:24 -0700 (PDT)

---------------------------
John Posada wrote:
Hi, guys...my company has embraced the interaction design model as
put forth by Alan Cooper. We're big on the persona model, and this
direction has resulted in a complete change in out software
development, so far to good customer feedback.
---------------------------
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Sounds like lots of fun! ;-)

---------------------------
I'd like to find out how anyone has applied these concepts to printed
documentation. Here's what I've done:
Funny you should ask. I received the following link from my InfoDesign newsletter yesterday:
http://www.cooper.com/content/insights/newsletters/2004_issue04/Using_personas_to_create_user_docs.asp

As far as your approach goes, it sounds fine. The only thing I can think of is to make sure you cover all of your bases in those 40 scenarios.

It sounds like you're doing a lot of good work over there.

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com