letters of rec

Subject: letters of rec
From: oudeis <oudeis -at- tampabay -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:39:26 -0400

I've been declared redundant! I am actually happy. The stress was so bad that this is probably a good thing. Plus, I was getting so tired of the chaos, that I'd been planning on starting my own business. Now I have free time! :)

The separation is amicable. I've been given what appears to be a great letter of rec. However, before I accept it as is and take my severance package, I had a couple of questions:

1. anything I should ask for, otherwise?

2. I've already asked for personalized letters of rec. I'd write them, he'd sign whatever I write. Sounds odd, but 5 years in a small business means I wore many different hats: project manager, publications manager, production manager, web site designer, online learning designer, graphics designer, technical writing, marcomm. So, I'll want letters that cover all those areas.

3. Is there a letter of rec code in the corporate world? There was one in academia. No one gets a bad letter of rec in academia (on the surface). Reading between the lines, however, is another issue.

Is it same thing in corp. world? If anyone's interested in taking a look and suggesting tweaks, I'll point you at a web site where you can take a look. Ping me offlist.

Thanks,

Kate

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com