RE: A Text Utility like Xywrite's Save/Gets

Subject: RE: A Text Utility like Xywrite's Save/Gets
From: "Nagai, Paul" <pnagai -at- inovant -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:46:07 -0700

> I'm looking for a text utility that will allow me to paste stock words and
> phrases into text. I'm not looking for a clipboard enhancer. I want to be
> able to save only the text I define.

Textpad's Clib Libraries might do what you want.

>From Textpad's help:
The Clip Library is a collection of text clippings, organized into files, referred to as "books". Each book can contain any number of clippings, and each clipping can be any amount of text, with an optional "hot spot". If a hot spot is defined (using "\^"), the current selection is substituted at that point. For example, if the current selection is:

A Heading

and the clipping is:

<H1> \^ </H1>

The result will be as shown, with the original text still selected:

< H1> A Heading </ H1>

Sample clip books are supplied for inserting HTML tags, and ANSI, control and HTML characters. These books can be modified, or you can create your own ones from scratch.

The Clip Library user interface consists of a drop-down list of books, and a scrolling list of the clippings in the selected book. The selected clipping can be inserted by double-clicking it, or by pressing the Enter key. The library may be edited using the commands on its right click context menu.

The interface is turned on and off using the Clip Library command on the View menu, which uses Ctrl+F3 as a shortcut. Keyboard-only users can also use the shortcut Alt+0 to make it the focus window, ESC to return the focus to the active document, and Shift+F10 to display its context menu.

And there are a ton of free, user-developed/maintained libraries here:
http://www.textpad.com/add-ons/cliplibs.html

------
Paul Nagai

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com