Re: a different resume red flag

Subject: Re: a different resume red flag
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:36:56 -0700

At least you don't have to worry about it being reformatted. :)

Last year I was in the job market briefly. I was contacted by
a recruiter and asked to provide a resume in Word format
that he could customize for the client he wanted to submit me
to. Luckily, I thought to tell him I'd like to review his changes
before he sent the resume in, because when it came back to me
he had manually reformatted my style-formatted Word file.
Had he sent my resume in directly, it would have looked even
worse than some of the ones I've received in which everything
is manually formatted in the Normal style.

Gene Kim-Eng