Re: Samples Query

Subject: Re: Samples Query
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:57:43 -0500

Interestingly enough the "creatives" (media, publishing, even real casual medical companies) all were fine with it. What's odd is that the one company that said I made a poor judgment call to show it asked me "Who was the photographer?" I said "A guy that does construction FT." and the man replied, "This must've made his day."

BUT this is a company that rated me. They gave me 4 out of 5 for technical expertise (SQL, Oracle, etc) and a 1.87/5 for personality (owing to my "lack of judgment") Where did they get 1.87? What kind of math is that? There were three male interviewers, one of whom told me his sexual orientation on the way to the interviewing room.

Weird. Weird. Weird.

--
Michele
www.krautgrrl.com

peemo -at- hotmail -dot- com wrote:

Michele:

I agree with Barry and would add: ruling someone out because of
*previous* content is ridiculous. Obviously if you worked for a different
company you would write their content to their audience.

I have to say I would have no interest in working for people who are so
uptight. Would I leave it on my site? Yes--unless I was really hungry.

Pam

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com