Re: ADMIN: Amnesty

Subject: Re: ADMIN: Amnesty
From: "T.W. Smith" <techwordsmith -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:48:58 -0400

I won't say idiots (cos I'll be good like Dood) and maybe idiots is
inflammatory <g>. Instead, I'll just ask if you can moderate or keep
on moderation those ... goobers ... who send autoresponses to the list
or to those who post to the list? That's really annoying.

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 23:45:22 -0400, TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> Thanks for handling all this, Lisa. As list owner of several other
> TW-oriented lists, I know it isn't easy. Do consider enlisting aid
> from others in moderating the list if it becomes overwhelming (all up
> to you, of course). Believe me, it makes a huge difference when you
> have 4-5 different people in different geographies watching the list
> 24/7 (collectively). Feel free to ping me offline if you'd like
> details on any of this.
>
> Oh, and thanks in advance if by posting this I generate a "moderated"
> e-mail that you will then use to reset my potentially moderated
> account. ;-)
>
> I'll try to bite my tongue more before spouting out how I really feel
> about issues in our field. For some reason I hit periods when my posts
> run wild, so I'll work to keep them tame. :-)
>
> Thanks again for stepping up to run this service!

Ditto on the thanks.

======
T.

Remember, this is online. Take everything with a mine of salt and a grin.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com