ADMIN: Amnesty

Subject: ADMIN: Amnesty
From: "Lisa M. Bronson" <lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:18:56 -0600

You're probably all aware that when a new list member posts for the first
time, I read and approve (or reject, if appropriate) that message *before*
it is allowed to reach the list. The reason for this is to help keep spam
off the list.

A few posts have come through from people who I know aren't new--I've been
a member of this list for almost 4 years, after all, and I know a great
many of your names. So, I discussed this with Eric. It seems a few of you
have angered the TECHWR-L gods enough to reach the status of *gasp* a
fully moderated list member!

I have decided that now, with the changing of the guard, would be an
appropriate time to grant amnesty to all such fully moderated list
members.

However, that said... even though I am not a goddess, don't take this to
mean that I cannot be so angered as to put someone on fully moderated
status. I figure we're all adults here. We all can read. The guildelines
are clearly stated in the Terms of Service and in the Posting Rules. And I
have not changed the Rules, because I figure Eric's worked out the bugs in
his 11 1/2 years of running this list.

Please note that I do not have the means of identifying who these posters
are until a moderated post comes through. At that point, I'll remove the
restriction, and we'll start fresh.

Thanks for reading, and post away!

Lisa B.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com