Re: Down time

Subject: Re: Down time
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:54:45 -0700 (PDT)

Not at all. My big application went GA on 9/1. The details for the
first maint release hit the network yesterday. My first "real" draft
for it doesn't start until 11/1 amd it's due 11/19, for a release in
January.

Take this opportunity to recharge your batteries. Normally, my day
went from 8:30am to 7:00pm. Until I ramp back up, I'm now coming in
at 10am and leaving at 4:30pm and taking a day off here and there.
Also, in the mean time, I'm setting up a collaborative environment,
doing some FM training of the other two writers in the department,
revamping the training program for the main application, fixing some
issues that only I'm aware of in the documentation of another product
I support, etc.

Take this opportunity to polish what you do so when the next crunch
starts, you're better prepared.

--- Leigh Price <price_leigh -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> >...we finished a point release in mid-July
> > and have been are still waiting for rollouts to
> > begin for the next release. Is two months of down
> > time unusual?
>

> Oops. I meant three months. Is three months of down
> time unusual?
>
> Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'...

=====
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com