RE: PageMaker vs. Framemaker (those who've used both)

Subject: RE: PageMaker vs. Framemaker (those who've used both)
From: "Kathy Underwood" <Kathy -dot- Underwood -at- sas -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:46:58 -0400

Adobe Framemaker is for large, heavily formatted doc (think big doc sets for major apps). Thus Adobe's reference to it as an enterprise-level solution. Adobe PageMaker is more flexible and more appropriate for those who produce smaller docs which have to change format frequently.

But Adobe InDesign is now Adobe's major publishing app. It's even more compatible than the other 2 with the Adobe graphics suite. Plus it has much more robust editing capabilities.

Kathy Underwood
Technical Editor, Publications Division

SAS... The Power to Know