RE: Code comments as Documentation

Subject: RE: Code comments as Documentation
From: Michael Strickland <Mstrickland -at- entriq -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:39:47 -0700

I wouldn't call attacking other people's opinions a "healthy discussion."
Any mature adult can express their opinion, even challenge other opinions,
without the need to belittle or invalidate other people's opinions. Often,
it's not only what you say, but how you say it, that makes the difference.

But personally, I really don't care; say what you will. Too often, there
seems to be more posturing on this discussion list than useful discussion
(e.g. people trying to show how much they know, rather than just trying to
help). But then again, that's just my pathetic viewpoint, so take it with
(as another user says) a mine of salt.