Interactive graphics tool for animated procedures

Subject: Interactive graphics tool for animated procedures
From: Lippincott Richard J Contr ESC/NI <Richard -dot- Lippincott -at- hanscom -dot- af -dot- mil>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:25:38 -0400

First, the disclaimer: I am not affiliated in any way with this company, nor do I get any financial benefit from promoting it. I saw the product demonstrated at an STC meeting last night, was impressed with its potential for use in hardware procedures, and thought I'd share.

There's a company in Acton MA called Immersive Design that is producing a nifty looking tool to produce animated graphics from CAD type files. The website features a couple of demos (and apparently a way to download an evaluation copy). It looks as though starting with a basic CAD file, it's possible to produce an animation that the user can walk through in synch with procedural steps. Apparently, it's also possible to use the tool to easily generate an illustrated parts breakdown.

The company website is:

http://www.immdesign.com

Rick Lippincott
CITS Senior Technical Writer
ESC/NI5
3 Eglin Street
Hanscom AFB, MA 01731-1625
(781) 377-9745
DSN 478-9745

Caution: This message may contain competitive, sensitive or other non-public information not intended for disclosure outside official government channels. Do not disseminate this message without the approval of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com