RE: Enchanted Development Organizations

Subject: RE: Enchanted Development Organizations
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:21:25 -0400

Hi Tony,

Sorry it hasn't worked out for you. At my last gig, I attended weekly
developer meetings (and was eventually asked to run the meetings). At my
current job, I attend meetings with developers, engineers, and scientists.
Since I am none of the above, I don't always understand all of the how and
why. However, I am expected to follow the proceedings sufficiently to tie in
issues of QA/QC, regulatory compliance, obsolete or superseded specs,
end-user interfaces, etc. I raise issues that would otherwise be forgotten,
I ask for decisions when questions are left unresolved, I listen as hard as
I can, and I take lots of notes.

I always thought that this was part of the tech writer's job -- isn't it? I
don't have time to dredge the archives just now, but I suspect that *many*

Thanks,

Dan Goldstein

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com