Re: Carpal Tunnel

Subject: Re: Carpal Tunnel
From: Cindy -dot- Metzger -at- Dukane -dot- spx -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:44:19 -0400

John,

I'm sure you'll get many suggestions and anecdotes from other listmembers.
My single biggest suggestion is this: see a physical therapist! A PT can
teach you stretches and strengthening exercises for the fingers, wrists,
and forearms that can offset a great deal of the problems caused by
repeatedly using (or abusing) the same muscles over and over. Depending on
the nature and severity of your CT, other treatments may also be
appropriate, but the key thing about the strengthening/stretching
exercises is that they treat the source of the problem, not just the
symptoms.

Speaking from experience....
Cindy

John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Sent by: bounce-techwr-l-100515 -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
09/21/2004 11:11 AM
Please respond to
John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>

cc

Subject
Carpal Tunnel

Hi, guys...I've been experiencing CTS symptoms over the last two
months. I saw a neurologist yesterday and he believes the same thing.
Therefore, I'm going in for further testing in about a week.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com