Sorting/finding by UN-conditional in RoboHelp X4.1

Subject: Sorting/finding by UN-conditional in RoboHelp X4.1
From: mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:07:07 -0400

The situation:

Well over a thousand WebHelp topics in RH X4.1, representing
two or three products. More than half of the topics have no
conditional tags, because they are common/applicable to all
the products (so far). Then, a few hundred are tagged for
"ProdA-only", a few hundred for "ProdB-only", dozens or hundreds
are tagged "notProdA" or "notProdB", etc. That seems to
generate the various WebHelp systems that I need.

Now we have a new product that needs to use 100+ of the existing
topics, plus a couple of hundred new ones that will apply only
to that new product.

The PROBLEM

Tagging for the new topics is easy.
But, how do I quickly find and condition-tag (to exclude)
the many hundreds of topics that have never been tagged before?
RH does not seem to offer a way to sort by "untagged" and
does not display condition status in the big topic list.
I have to open the properties of each and every individual
topic to find what conditions it is wearing, and to locate
the ones that have never previously been tagged? OUCH!

When generating/compiling, RH includes all unconditional topics.
There's no way that I can see to turn that off, to achieve the
opposite... EXCLUDE all the topics with no condition attached.

Anybody with any bright, time-saving ideas?

--

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be
privileged and confidential, and therefore, protected from disclosure. If

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com