Re: Another question that I have had

Subject: Re: Another question that I have had
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:30:29 -0700 (PDT)

James:

You are right on. SME's do feel that knowledge of
essential procedure is "theirs".

The key word is "essential". Up to 95% a software
system is non-essential; it exits solely do to design
imperfections or imperfect technology.

The reason that you see SME's the way you do is that
you are focused on the essential. This is good - it
is the main thing to creating effective techincal
communications. But, as I'm sure you know, you often
have to press to get this info.

Many TW's are not focused on the essential. They are
satisfied with just the information that is readily
given to them (i.e., the non-essential). They will
not understand what you mean when you say such things.

Tony Markos

--- James Barrow <vrfour -at- earthlink -dot- net> wrote:

> On Sep 19, 2004, at 9:24 AM, diotima wrote:
>
> > james wrote: A better definition would be that the
> subject matter
> > experts that I have dealt with view the knowledge
> in their heads with
> > a certain right of ownership - even though this
> would be proprietary
> > information. On a few occasions, I have had
> developers complain to
> > their managers that they were too busy to waste
> their time with a tech
> > writer.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com