Re: Why the World Needs Tech Writers

Subject: Re: Why the World Needs Tech Writers
From: "Ned Bedinger" <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:52:36 -0700

> I believe that I accidentally sent this to a list member yesterday. I
thought I'd share it with everyone. It made me laugh.

> At my current job, I'm writing and rewriting policies and procedures.
Some of the policies qualify as the world's longest run-on sentence, while
others have more comma-splices than...er...well, something that has a lot of
comma- splices. Then there's the policy that I started with this morning:

> "...the following procedures are to be followed until such time that the
problem has been resolved and the impacted area of services, have beer
restored to the client."

> Damn! And all I asked for when I accepted this position was paid
holidays. No one told me that hops and barley was an option:^)

Yep, the typical group lifestyle insurance policy covers one barley therapy
session per week. (-: Where ya been? :-)

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com