Re: Updating Resume?

Subject: Re: Updating Resume?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:22:17 -0700 (PDT)

I say let the content of the resume reflect your expertise...not have
your expertise conform to what can fit on an arbitrary
measurement...the space of two pages.

If you need four pages to properly describe what your strengths are,
so be it...and maybe sometime in the future, you'll have done enoughy
to fill six pages...like me.

--- Greg Thompson <gthompson -at- conformia -dot- com> wrote:

> How does one go about updating a resume after one has started
> contracting after a long career as a full time employee without
> having
> the resume turn into resume Godzilla and be about 4 plus pages
> long? I
> don't plan on going back to full time (at least while I am in grad
> school)and I anticipate I will be working many short term jobs over
> the
> next 2-3 years. Should one include contractor experience in the
> original
> resume or should I start another new resume that is devoted
> exclusively to contracting?

=====
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer