Re: Interoffice Relations/Work Productivity Dilemma

Subject: Re: Interoffice Relations/Work Productivity Dilemma
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:20:00 -0700

Wow, deja vu time. Has this person ever worked at...

No, don't tell me.

Assuming that you are not this individual's manager, all
you can do is complete your part of the project and bring
the issue to the attention of whoever is managing (though
it sounds to me as if management should already be aware
of the issue by now), so that they can deal with it.

If you are this individual's manager, you need to document
the failure to follow project management/lead directives
and initiate whatever process your company has for putting
the individual on a perfomance improvement plan. Now.

In a well-managed organization, everybody should feel free
to voice their opinions and their disagreements with the
decisions made by management, but nobody should feel free
to defy them. You have a loose canon rolling around on your
deck that needs to be either lashed down or dumped
overboard ASAP.

Gene Kim-Eng