"This page intentionally left blank" leaves me blank..

Subject: "This page intentionally left blank" leaves me blank..
From: "Wright, Lynne" <lwright -at- positron911 -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:03:05 -0400

But I too, have always wondered why this calling a blank page a blank page
convention exists... the only time i've ever seen it is in our internal
engineering white papers, and I can't figure out what purpose it serves.

So indeed, why do it? I mean, how likely is it that somebody is going to get
to a blank page and go: "WHOA! What's this? Someone must have accidentally
deleted all the text and pictures that should be on this page! I can see
that there are 50 more pages after this one, but I guess this is actually
the end of document! Help! What do i do?"

Is it just some outdated convention linked to obsolete technology that no
longer has any relevance?

Lynne Wright
Technical Communications
Positron Inc.