Re: and then

Subject: Re: and then
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 17:43:47 -0400

bounce-techwr-l-106467 -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com wrote on 09/01/2004 05:30:52 PM:
> I made those additional comments in response to the poster
> whose initial post on the matter was the equivalent of "Shut up."
> I agree with everything you wrote.

Which poster was that? Don't ever assume someone said shut up unless they
type it out specifically. E-mail/text is a horrendous medium from which to
try and infer/interpret meaning or intent.

And while my post may have quoted yours, I think it was only because you
were the most vocal.

If the initial questions was even remotely about grammar then the
discussion would have been at least on topic. But it wasn't it was about
information design/presentation.

Surprisingly, and the reason for my reaction to grammar threads, while the
answers to the actual question were varied and opposing all involved
seemed to accept the varying views of the world. The grammar debates (and
not just this one) only seem to stop once all the participants tire of
typing.

If only some of the technical or industry threads lit such enthusiasm on
the list. And then writer's wonder why we don't get no respect. :P

Eric L. Dunn
Senior Technical Writer

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com