Re: Selecting leaders (was: Previous employer contacts)

Subject: Re: Selecting leaders (was: Previous employer contacts)
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:30:53 -0700 (PDT)

Suzanne:

According to a recent editorial in Business Week (I'm
sorry, I forgot the issue date), the purpose of
management is to effectively manipulate peoples fear
and greed. That editorial stated that first managers
capitalize on subordinates fear, and then they
capitalize on subordinates greed. It is through such
manipulations, according according to that editorial,
that all business "progress" occurs.

I must state:

* When, in casual conversation, I mentioned the above
to the Pastor of the church I attend, he gave me a
rather twisted look.

* Leaders (vs managers) do not do the above.
Leaders capitalize on peoples strenghts rather than
try to manipulate them based on their weaknesses.

* There are many more managers than there are
leaders.

Tony Markos

ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com

--- Suzanne -dot- Cole -at- pattersondental -dot- com wrote:

> "We allow our leaders and our culture to become what
> it is. We allow
> corporations and governments to do this to us. As
> long as we keep selecting
> leaders who manipulate our fears and outright lie to
> us, the more people
> will follow this example responding with lies and
> fear."

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com