RE: Interleaf to FrameMaker conversion

Subject: RE: Interleaf to FrameMaker conversion
From: Debbie Creuziger <dcreuzig -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:03:26 -0400

Hi Lisa,

A few companies ago I was investigating an Interleaf to Framemaker conversion for about 10K pages of documents. The two vendors I checked out were Tagwrite and Beyond Print. Both were very responsive with phone calls to answer my questions and a proposal. My feeling at the time was that either company was more than capable of performing the work. But unfortunately my company decided to do the work in-house. So I don't have any stories to share regarding who we picked, our process, etc.

But I can tell you that each company uses a different methodology for their conversion, so the pricing wasn't real close, and each would need a different level of checking the docs afterwards. Oh, and I think neither company dealt with graphics. But I can't be sure about that.
Having just recently moved to Florida, I'm still unpacking and need to find the rest of my work records. In them I have some emails of details and of the process we were going to follow after the conversion. If you'd like to contact me directly, I'll be happy to share that information with you.
Hope that helped some,
Deb

Debbie Creuziger
Contract Technical Writer