Re: Disappearing Graphics in Word Docs

Subject: Re: Disappearing Graphics in Word Docs
From: suzy -dot- davis -at- doi -dot- vic -dot- gov -dot- au
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:16:32 +1000

Also Greg

Another gotcha that is worth keeping in mind for next time is the setting
under Tools | Options | View, having Picture Placeholders checked.

This makes your graphics look like an empty square with black border (not
with a little red cross - you are correct, this does indicate a missing
linked picture). While this setting has been available for quite a few
versions of Word I have never used it, but in 2003 it seems to set itself.
Because I was unused to it, and was working on a client doc, I was thrown
for, well let's say, more time than I want to admit, trying to figure it
out.

regards
Suzy

dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
Sent by: To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
bounce-techwr-l-165345 -at- lists -dot- cc:
raycomm.com Subject: Re: Disappearing Graphics in Word Docs

27/08/04 08:30 AM
Please respond to dmbrown

Have you tried showing field codes (Alt+F9) to see if the graphics really
were linked by reference? If they were, the paths to the files will be
documented by those fields, which may help you find them and will certainly

tell you which ones go where.

--David

Any personal or sensitive information contained in this email and
attachments must be handled in accordance with the Victorian Information
Privacy Act 2000, the Health Records Act 2001 or the Privacy Act 1988
(Commonwealth), as applicable.

This email, including all attachments, is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose, distribute, copy or use the
information contained in this email or attachments. Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you in
error. If you have received it in error, please let us know by reply
email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com