RE: Microsoft pays dear[ly] for insults through ignorance

Subject: RE: Microsoft pays dear[ly] for insults through ignorance
From: shankAtIndiaDotcom <ss_rajanala -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:56:31 -0700 (PDT)

> - one with a consistent meaning across
> variations of English - should have
> been chosen altogether.

I learnt at school that bloomers were mistakes;
now I know more (if not better). Then I heard
about bloopers too: but I believe those are
errors that happen on broad or tele (perhaps now
web-) cast. The point above was recommending use
of 'mistake' to make life easy for everyone
around. People outside of U.K. and U.S. also use
English (much as we would wish not to :-)

> pander to American tastes
> in English... I know our Prime Minister does

Hmm, we hear lectures on international
acceptance, voice neutralization; so it is all
about Brit-lish vs Am-glish.

Prof Chomsky tells us that it is the big biz
joints that dictate terms to one and all: pl
don't blame your pm or someone else's prez. Big
business is a juggernaut which overrides all
individuals including the ceo-s and chief
mentors.

=====
Thanks and regards,
Sankara S Rajanala