RE: job title nomenclature on biz cards

Subject: RE: job title nomenclature on biz cards
From: "Gurudutt R. Kamath" <documentor -at- vsnl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:16:33 +0530

Hi,

I agree with you that Technical Editor would be fine as it includes the
writer. Also, I would suggest you use one of them based on the
composition of your market or what you like doing. If you expect more
editing assignments, then TE would be it, if writing then TW. Somehow I
am not for the slash versions though it has its strengths!

Apart from the editorial solution, how about some printing solution?
Print 50% cards with TE and 50% with TW. How about back to back? The
front says TE and the back TW or vice versa! How about saying TE in the
card and then outlining all your activities in bullets at the back.

I haven't done any writing for the last one year and have been mainly
doing technical editing. Eeks! My invoices say Technical Writing
Consultant (most of my contracts say Consultant -- though I personally
feel I am just an Editor!)

I have Resi (SOHO): 1234 5678 printed on my card. People ask me whether
my phone number is from London! I should have put Office/Residence
instead.

Guru
Send an email to documentorg-subscribe -at- topica -dot- com to receive my
column-book on technical writing (for newbies). Last piece on Microsoft
Manual of Style being my Bible/Geeta!

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com