RE: describing the minority as literate is a circular argument?

Subject: RE: describing the minority as literate is a circular argument?
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:54:08 -0400

On the third hand, if your text goes to people who are
'in the know', and they expect "filesystem" in modern/
current documents... and they remember "file system"
from the 'old days'... then your writing might be subtly
conveying that it is out-of-date, or that it includes
ancient text that nobody bothered to clean up.

"Jeez, these instructions are SO last week. Look, he
still calls it 'file system'." :-)

Kevin

--
The following text added by my employer, outside my control:
The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com