Re: Top Ten Things You'd Like To Tell Engineers

Subject: Re: Top Ten Things You'd Like To Tell Engineers
From: topsidefarm -at- mva -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 04:52:58 -0600

> My tentative topic is something like, Top Ten Things That Tech Writers
> Would Like To Tell Engineers, So We Can All Work Together Better. Now, not
> to take the lazy way out -- I have plenty of ideas of my own for this --
> but surely I'm not the only writer who has a few things I'd like to tell
> engineers about how they
> can help us to help them create better documentation. So, if you have any
> ideas (it doesn't have to be ten), please send me an e-mail to
> Steven -at- OpComm -dot- com -dot- Simple, one-sentence ideas are fine, but on the other
> hand also feel free to elaborate in a few paragraphs.
>
> After the presentation, I will post a consolidated summary here on
> advance for your help!
>
> Steven Oppenheimer, M.A.

I really have only one thing, and it doesn't apply to all engineers.

"What's the difference between God and an engineer? God doesn't think he's
an engineer."

Again, this doesn't apply to all, or even most, of the engineers I have
dealt with over the years. Most have been professional HUMAN BEINGS, just
like the rest of us. They don't walk around acting like they are better
than everyone else. However, it only takes one member of the group having
a god complex to really make life miserable for everyone else.

Jason A. Czekalski

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com