RE: The STC and me

Subject: RE: The STC and me
From: Julia Williams <Juliaw -at- kiwiplan -dot- co -dot- nz>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:21:59 +1200

Yeah, I've found that membership of professional organisations like the STC
has helped me establish credibility in that way - especially because some
employers suspect that people will take a tech writing job because they hope
to move sideways into a different role.

Having said that, I haven't rejoined the STC because there wasn't much ROI
for a geographically remote (NZ) member living in an area without any active
branches. I was hoping to see some reflection of my situation in the form of
new classes of membership but it doesn't seem to have happened yet.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com