Re: Internet security settings

Subject: Re: Internet security settings
From: Lee Hunter <lee -dot- hunter -at- hum -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:35:45 -0400

Quoting dan -dot- gallagher -at- pulsartech -dot- com:

> I don't worry about viruses too much on the Mac, anyway, on the PC, I
> increased the security settings after the last virus scare, but then found
> out I wasn't able to log into Yahoo email. After the settings change, Yahoo
> said it needed cookies enabled. So I put the settings back to default.
> Still, though I am not able to log into Yahoo email using the PC. I don't
> understand it. And I also specifically added Yahoo to the list for ignoring
> security settings (win2k).

Yahoo uses at least one other domain - yimg.com (and variations like
us.i1.yimg.com) - to serve ads and cookies. Perhaps you need to add it to the
security settings list.

In any case, if you are concerned about security you might want to consider
downloading the FireFox browser which is said to be much less vulnerable than
IE.

Lee Hunter - Technical Editor & Information Architect

------ http://www.hum.com ------- 613-282-1904 ------

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com