Re: Chapter Overviews

Subject: Re: Chapter Overviews
From: TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:05:11 -0400

I do this for custom contracts, but for out of the box, generic
products this approach can be ineffective. In these cases, you really
should be evaluating the feedback to determine why you're getting
these suggestions and do what makes sense for the majority of your
audience. This sometimes means ignoring customer requests.

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:15:14 -0400, Goldstein, Dan
<dgoldstein -at- deustech -dot- com> wrote:

> I always try to give my users what they ask for, whether or not they use it.
> End-user documentation has multiple purposes, including sales and marketing.
> Wade's suggestion to send the question through Customer Service, Field
> Service, and Sales is right on the money.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com