RE: connections points for lines in Visio

Subject: RE: connections points for lines in Visio
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:13:25 -0400

Hi Sean,

"Don't use Visio" is not the correct answer in this case.

You refer to "drawing boxes." Did you draw boxes with the Rectangle Tool,
use shapes from a Visio stencil, or import pictures? FYI, Visio has its own
Table Shape which can be configured for numbers of rows and columns, cell
width, etc.

Have you checked your settings in the Snap & Glue dialog box?
(Tools|Snap&Glue)

Are you drawing lines with the Line Tool or the Connector Tool?

In general, if you click the line and the connection point appears in red,
then the connection is glued. If the connection point appears in green, then
it is (like many of us on a Friday afternoon) unglued.

When you move a shape with a glued connection, the line stays connected to
the shape. However, this works only if you move it with the mouse or the
keyboard arrows -- *not* by cutting and pasting.

Finally, remember that Posada is the local Visio expert on TECHWR-L. If it
can be done in Visio, John will probably know how.

HTH,

Dan Goldstein

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com