Re: STC Transformation -- (getting off topic a bit)

Subject: Re: STC Transformation -- (getting off topic a bit)
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:43:47 -0400

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:30:37 -0400, T.W. Smith <techwordsmith -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

Perhaps you have had the fortune to prove yourself by reinventing the
tech docs process and saving your employer 1/2 million bucks per annum
in the process ... I expect proof like that would be quite a feather

Or perhaps (like me) you have worked on projects that were
cancelled or companies that folded, and have absolutely zip
to show for all that work, not even anyone who remembers
what the project was. For all I contributed to the final
value of some of those things, they could indeed have replaced
me with a native speaker of anything. South Equitorial
Martian is cheap now, I've heard.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com