Re: techwr-l digest: July 13, 2004

Subject: Re: techwr-l digest: July 13, 2004
From: Chris Despopoulos <cud -at- telecable -dot- es>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:48:46 -0700

You need help from Shlomo! But I'll give it a try.

Maker remembers your Distiller settings from the saved file - book or document - that you print. You may have luck setting up your template document. Just print the blank template to PDF, and use the PDF settings you want. Then save. From there, anything you generate from that template should use the same settings. (This assumes you pour the MIF into a template.)

I would look around your install dir for some PS files that control your PDF experience. I know there are prolog files that set up the process somewhat. You may also be able to do something to control Distiller - something as simple as opening it and making your settings before you begin the process?

The only remaining problem is that when FrameMaker 7.0p578 imports the a
5.5-format MIF generated by MIF Doclet, it defaults "Generate Tagged PDF"
to on, which means that it takes Acrobat Distiller 6.0.1 a couple of hours
to generate the PDF. With the option off, it takes only a few minutes.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com