Re: Binding methods

Subject: Re: Binding methods
From: "T.W. Smith" <techwordsmith -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:41:05 -0400

Given the numbers of users we have, it would be more reasonable and
efficient for us to produce different books for different audiences
than open three ring binders and rearrange the content.

With regards to photocopying, we provide a PDF on the product CD that
can be printed ... and the PDF is updated with the software builds.

With regards to notes and training materials, the customers can
certainly write in the books, but training is different, with
different materials, a CD, etc., and there's no need to marry the U.G.
to the added bulk of training material that is used less often.

Agreed about sections not getting updated; we (my dept.) did a survey
back when we were shipping 3 ring binders (different employer, long
ago) and those do not get updated. Site visits that included a spot
check of the docs supported the idea that sections do not make it into
the books they are supposed to update and, interestingly enough, books
often (not mostly, but often) did not make it to the user, they got
shelved in a central location or a the office of a manager who did not
actually use the product.

======
T.

Remember, this is online. Take everything with a mine of salt and a grin.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com