Re: FW: WebWorks vs. RoboHelp

Subject: Re: FW: WebWorks vs. RoboHelp
From: "T.W. Smith" <techwordsmith -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 11:56:57 -0400

Sounds reasonable.

I checked and the MacroMedia folks haven't fixed the "Website
oversight" that someone mentioned yesterday, and RoboHelp for
FrameMaker is still unavailable for purchase (wonder if I can just get
the $200 off???).

For support on WWP, you will get some support minutes from Quadralay
with your WWP purchase (not with upgrades), but I heartily recommend
trying http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wwp-users first. Search it and
ask questions there, it's an active list and is frequented by gurus.

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:25:52 -0500, Michele Guthrie
<michele -dot- guthrie -at- voxpath -dot- com> wrote:

> One of our requirements is that we be able to output docs in JavaHelp,
> which Mif2Go doesn't mention (just glanced at the site, but didn't see
> any references to JavaHelp). I think after the discussion here, we'll
> definitely be going with WWP. Thanks to everyone for your help with this
> issue!

======
T.

Remember, this is online. Take everything with a mine of salt and a grin.

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com