Re: Job Search Advice - Please Help!

Subject: Re: Job Search Advice - Please Help!
From: TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:59:07 -0400

> I graduated in May '03 and have been working contract since November (held
> a position as a technical writer and web designer for two years before the
> contract position). I am pretty sure that my contract will be ending
> soon. I live in Western New York and would like to stay here, but am
> willing to relocate. If I relocate, I'd prefer to relocate to Florida or
> possibly Southern California, but I'd consider relocating anywhere at this
> point.

cor,

Be ready to settle and be prepared to be offered little to no
relocation. You could luck out and get it, but chances are slimmer
than before. There are still plenty of candidates in the local pools,
so companies are not looking outside their backyard unless they need
something specific, usually with a "senior" or "principal" in the
title.

If you think your contract is ending, start talking about extending it
with them or if they might need your skills on another project. Market
yourself where you are, as you should be doing, and do keep looking.

Best of luck!

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com