Contracting in heck.

Subject: Contracting in heck.
From: "Joel" <coatesj -at- nucleus -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 00:56:50 -0600

Re: Contracting in Denver.
I've been contracting in Calgary for eight years now. My main source of work
is through people I used to work with in engineering consulting fifteen
years ago.
There are couple of outsourcing firms that seem to have a grip on TW
contracting in Calgary. I'm very leery of dealing with such companies. Once
I very foolishly listed the companies I did work for and the people who I
dealt with when applying for a posted job. Every company and person I listed
got a call from outsourcing company X's sales staff within a couple of days.
Fortunately my clients had more principles, but my marketing skills sure got
a workout. :)
I've heard similar stories from time to time.
I'm interested in hearing of similar experiences?

Joel Coates, Frontier Communication Ltd., Calgary Alberta Canada

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com