Re: FW: Looking for points of view from visual learners

Subject: Re: FW: Looking for points of view from visual learners
From: peemo -at- hotmail -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 13:42:15 -0600

Sharon wrote:

> It's just a text file that is the report they downloaded. Will visual learners
> do better if they see a picture of a sample text report? Will that help them get > the report they want more quickly/easily/accurately?

Sharon:

My rule of thumb is if the users may not remember the individual data
points in a report, or if there are several reports that are similar, I'd
give them a small sample with, for example, the column headings so they
can see at a glance they are going to get the data they want.

If not, I opt not to clutter the doc with extra visual aids.

Pam

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com