Re: Writer's inspiration in Latin - can you translate it?

Subject: Re: Writer's inspiration in Latin - can you translate it?
From: "Ned Bedinger" <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 14:23:16 -0700

It might be idiomatic: "This is as bad as it gets"

May I share a sample of the unmitigated gaul that I found
inscribed in the ancient (even then), dog-eared copy of the
"Mo'dern Latin" text we used in the second and last class I took
on the subject, circa 1966? Videntur:

Latin's a dead language
As dead as it can be
First it killed the Romans
And now its killing me.

Thank you.

Ned Bedinger
Ed Wordsmith Technical Communications Co.
doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com
http://www.edwordsmith.com
tel: 360-434-7197
fax: 360-769-7059