Re: Fingerprints--THANKS ALL; YOU CAN STOP NOW

Subject: Re: Fingerprints--THANKS ALL; YOU CAN STOP NOW
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:48:38 -0400

Mike O. wrote:

You can remove it with a sharp knife. The finger, I mean.

Actually, what I did yesterday was grab a VP's wrist and slap his hand.
But he's a VP with a sense of humor, combined with a proper British
upbringing, so it was the situationally appropriate thing to do. He took
the point and I know he won't do it again, to me or anyone else.

What I need to do for the miscreant who is a bit more, um, self-involved
is have supplies on hand so I can proceed to spray the paper towel and
wipe the monitor right in the middle of the conversation, immediately
after she sticks her paw on the monitor. About the third or fourth time
I do that to her, she might get the point ;-)

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions. I now have all
the information I need to keep my monitor clean, get melted wax out of a
carpet, and dissolve chewing gum, should that need ever arise. Does that
factoid surface in the how-to-make-a-PB&J exercise? Is it Friday yet?

And, Ed, brand name glass cleaner is cheap enough. We don't need to make
our own. But thanks for the advice about cloth vs. paper.

Dick

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com