AW: PDF = Print Disappears Fast?

Subject: AW: PDF = Print Disappears Fast?
From: Ratz Günter (CPTec GmbH) <ratz -at- cptec -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:47:12 +0200

Keith Cronin wrote:

> I'm trying to print a 14-page PDF another company sent me,
> and every time
> I do so it briefly appears in the printer queue, then
> disappears, without
> anything getting printed.

I suggust that you are using a postscript printer...
Same happens to me very often with my 6 year old postscript printer
when it is running out of memory during page processing.

Sometimes the following helps:

Print-Postscript Options -> Optimize for speed: OFF
Print-Postscript Options -> Print Method : LEVEL 2 OR 1
Printer-Properties-Postscript -> Data Compression: none

Guenter

CPTec GmbH
Guenter Ratz
Brienner Str. 54
D-80333 Muenchen
Tel. +49-89-614542-20
Fax +49-89-614542-29
http://www.cptec.org

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com