Re: Crispy around the edges

Subject: Re: Crispy around the edges
From: jposada -at- comcast -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:41:41 +0000

> When I use WebWorks to generate a help system, the back-of-the-book index
> becomes the index for the help system. For some help formats that means the
> index on the Index tab; for other help formats, it becomes a separate HTML
> page that appears as a topic in the help system.

If I understand correctly, what you are saying is correct, but not accurate :-)

It's not the back of book (BOB) index that becomes the help index...it's the Index markers in the FM document that are used to create both; the help Index when you generate help and the BOB when you generate printed.

Yes, it is spliiting hairs, but at the stage I'm at with the document I'm working on, I'm grateful I have some hairs left TO split.

I just wanted to make sure that what you WEREN'T talking about was generating the BOB Index, then including THAT set of pages as a topic...if so, I was going to ask you how you explain in the help the page numbers as taken from the BOB Index.

John Posada

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com