Re: Crispy around the edges

Subject: Re: Crispy around the edges
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:10:25 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <jposada -at- comcast -dot- net>

> To what degree do you "search out" jargon to include it.

If I already know it's commonly used, I find a way to include
it. Likewise, if the developer takes the time to come tell me
about it, because developer jargon always seems to become
user jargon eventually, at least in the stuff we document.

BTW, I pulled up a couple of .chm files on my own system
and noticed that *some* of them will search for text within
words while others will only find whole words. It's been a
while since I generated any online help, but I'm pretty sure
all the ones I ever made did. There must be some option
to turn on or off during the compilation?

Gene Kim-Eng

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com