Re: Crispy around the edges

Subject: Re: Crispy around the edges
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:33:47 -0400

That's just silly. Anybody using the darn thing will type in the entire
word if "admin" doesn't work. And if they can't, then perhaps they
shouldn't be driving.

jposada -at- comcast -dot- net wrote:
> Hi, guys...something that is now amusing...it wasn't for a coule of
> hours or so.
>
> I'm working with a group of developers who have been going 6-7 days
> per week for the last several weeks. Tempers are a little tight.
>
> I get a call from one of the lead developers: "John...we have so many
> things on our plate, we don't need others creating more for us. We're
> testing your help in our application and I tried doing a search for a
> common term and I get no hits."
>
> So...I now try all the different things I can...launch my version,
> search works fine. Go to the directory where I delivered it to them,
> works fine. Tried in my subdirectory on my VM partition where I have
> a build of the product...works fine. Check his directory
> permission...all ok. For two hours, checking everything, I cannot
> replicate his problem.
>
> On a lark, I call him up and ask him what term he's searching on.
>
> "Admin"
>
> I use the term Administrator, I use administration. I even use the
> term "administrate". No place in the document or help do I USE the
> term "admin".
>
> :-)

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com