Solid Converter PDF

Subject: Solid Converter PDF
From: rinnie1 -at- yahoo -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:18:42 -0600

Hi All.

I know there have been many past discussions about various PDF creation
tools, and I have searched the archives, but there's nothing coming up
about this particular PDF conversion tool. I have googled on it and dug
through the Solid Converter website, but there's very little information
available about it. Unfortunately, there aren't any reviews posted about
it that I could find.

Aside from the obvious limitation of being only a Word plug-in, what are
the real-world issues with this product? I see on the Solid Converter
site that they claim to honor PDF security settings, so that leads me to
believe that we could distrbitute this plug-in outside of the client's
documentation team without risking losing version control of our
documents, which we have defaulted to create with password-protected
print-and-view-only settings. The doc team has licenses for Adobe Acrobat
Standard Edition, so we can PDF our FM source, no problem.

I get the digest, so if you respond to the list, please do be sure to cc:
me directly (rinnie1 -at- yahoo -dot- com).

Thanks!
Rene Stephenson
Consultant, Chief Cook, and Bottlewasher
Stephenson Consulting Services
rinnie1 -at- yahoo -dot- com

"Do the right thing for the right reasons... but don't let it stop you
from having a lot of fun."

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com