Re: FWD: Managing managers and cell phones

Subject: Re: FWD: Managing managers and cell phones
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:13:18 -0500

I think there is something way more problematic about Evans answer. He is saying he's proud that he is tyrannical and all powerful. Look at what's happened to rulers with that type of attitude. Hmmm, Hitler, Mussolini, Lenin, Hussein, etc. Up there with the real ass*oles of the modern day world Mr. Evans. That is sure something to be proud of.

Frankly I'd walk away from working with a manager that was a tyrant, I wouldn't even give him the fun of firing me.

And as an aside, if one doesn't learn from everyone, not just one's superiors, what kind of smarts do they have? I learn on a daily basis from people who have way less education than me.

Michele

--
Michele

the b*tch blog has moved, email me for the new address
www.krautgrrl.com

Bruce Byfield wrote:

Bruce Evans wrote:

As a proudly autocratic type manager, I'd fire you. Quite frankly, as a
manager, my five minutes are worth more than yours. If all you can do to
fill in time I'm doing something else is watch a seagull's nest, I need a
more imaginative and work-oriented employee. It's not your role to train me,
that's my manager's job.

You just don't get it, do you?

in Help authoring technology, featuring Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more! http://www.macromedia.com/go/techwrldemo
COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com