RE: Free, powerful graphics tool

Subject: RE: Free, powerful graphics tool
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:20:06 -0400

Bruce...anything where you are storing PW or CC information under
someone else's control is ill-advised. However, I did do a Google on the
term Microsoft Passport Security Issues and yes, I did get
hits...however, most of them are dated around 2000 or 2001, and most of
them revolve the ability to send an email to change the PW and that was
fixed years ago, within a short time of discovery.

In doing a Google search as you advised, I'm even less inclined to worry
about it than I was before, and I wasn't much before either. The thought
you were an MSbigot never occurred to me...until now :-)

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com
"Realizing Your Business Goals
Through Software Asset Management"

No doubt anything I say would be dismissed as anti-Microsoft bigotry by
someone on the list (not necessarily you, I hurry to add). So all I will
say is this:
If anyone thinks that Passport is harmless, do a Google search. You'll
soon learn all that you need to know about the security issues.

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com