Help window closing when other apps are closed

Subject: Help window closing when other apps are closed
From: chogan -at- mtspt -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:11:29 -0600

The help window for one of our products is closing whenever any other
application window is closed. I cannot find any setting that controls this
in the .hlp or .hpj file, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

I inherited this help file (Winhelp 4), and I had to decompile the .hlp
file to create the project files since I didn't have them. Also, I believe
the file was created in Doc to Help, but I don't have the Doc to Help
project file. I can look at the compiled help file using Robohelp, but I
only have a trial copy that expires in 11 days.

Without much info, I'm guessing that this problem might have something to
do with the way the help file is hooked into the product because the help
doesn't seem to know which app is its parent app.

Does anybody know what might be causing this problem?

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com